Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Joys of Homeownership


This is a picture of our water meter leaking all over. Someone drove onto our lawn and broke our water pipe. It is really really dry out so it makes it easy for the hard ground to crack the pipes. We were notified we would be fined if we did not fix it since the water is leaking into the street and we are on water restriction. If it was not fixed we would be charged $500 a day for breaking the restrictions. So I called a plumber and got it fixed. It was pretty pricey. Oh the joys of homeownership. One positive was that I met a lot of my neighbors while I was outside watching the process! Sorry no pics from when they dug it all up. I am so bad at remembering to take pics!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kartchner said...

That sucks!

Kati Howard said...

Yeah the joys of being a home owner. That's why we're sticking to renting, for now. And Katelyn, I can't imagine why you didn't remember to take pics while the plumber was digging up the pipes, I'm sure we would have seen more than one "crack". Glad to hear it was settled.